Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hurry Up & Wait

I grew up on Air Force bases all over the country, and if you have any experience with the military (or the government for that matter) then you are familiar with the phrase, "Hurry up and wait..." That phrase pretty much describes the military experience of preparedness, you get orders, that you are about to get orders.

That is where I sit right now.

The evening of the earthquake there was seismic activity in my heart. A groaning that I could not, and still cannot express, that defies all reason, that really in general just blows me away, and at once consumes me. "Something, you have to do something, God wants you to go..." and so I am ready, willing, able (and almost legal), to go. In the meantime?

Patience.

I am a fairly patient person, but this eking out of God's will can be quite burdensome. One piece of the puzzle at a time when what I want is the box top. But I will wait, and pray, and ask God for direction. Lord when, where, how, and who?

He knows. For now, I will hurry up... and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment